Munich (dpa) - When teen-Stars take the change to a serious subject, they are received thereby always a risk. The actor Zac Efron has taken up the challenge and after the "High School Musical" movies and the comedy "17 Again" now turned a drama.
In "By a miracle," he plays the young Charlie, threatens to shatter the death of his little brother. Whatever you from the somewhat exaggerated and sentimental may think film, Efron masters his job well. It was he himself probably had the most fear. And the more he reveals in an interview in Munich.
Why have taken over the role of Charlie in "By a miracle"?
Efron: 'I had long been looking for a dramatic role and wanted to see what it's like to star in a drama. So far I have only just scratched the surface of what it means to be a good actor. I love dramas and films have previously also had small roles in television dramas. Charlie had just a character, to which I have found an approach that has made sense to me, and the story I was immediately packed, as I read the script. In addition, the film still has a romantic side - what do the fans certainly appreciate - and supernatural elements that are pretty cool. I also liked that the movie does not fit into one genre. He is dramatically different, and certainly something you would not expect from me. "
The role was so challenging for you?
Efron: "Absolutely, yes. That's what I was looking for. I wanted to learn something new and I knew I not that easy is flying - as music, for instance, must not I practice it, it works just like that. But I knew I must work hard for this film and that a great likelihood that I fall flat on his face. Since I admire people even more, which will also once a risk and do not remain only on the safe side. "
In the film the death of the central role. Are you afraid?
Efron: "Ever since James Dean, we know that the time that we can be very short. Therefore I will as much as possible to do with my time living my life and enjoy every moment. In this respect, death comes into play, but I am currently doing enough to reflect on life. "
you're a star for years. Do you ever feel like you missed something? A normal life?
Efron: "At the end of the day are the things that I can not do, rather trivial. It's all about things that maybe not everyone - especially the press do not - should see. the need to things that are thought to conceal, but you should actually do not, right? Of course I'm thinking there, but on the other side of this profession has enabled me to so many things, and I experience so much. They will need to always keep the right perspective. "
Everywhere you go, the girls begin to scream and cheer you. How do you manage to stay there on the floor?
Efron: "If the girls scream, is not the recognition that one should not let go to your head. It is exciting and imagine an exciting experience, but it may be nothing. I'm not coming home at night and think I'm white-God-who, because only begin to scream. If I work hard for something, it's much easier to take the credit. This enthusiasm, however, was simply there and they will leave. I have always in mind and concentrate so even on projects that I can do when the hype dies down. "
Where do you see yourself in the next five years? Want to marry you? Or be a movie producer? What are your plans?
Efron: 'The I will marry me for a while time. My production company is just beginning, but - frankly - I've only just begun to read a few screenplays. I'm not in financing talks or something. Far as I'm not there. I'm not a big producer. "
How far would you go for a role? Would you be rich or you move out before the camera?
Efron: "It would be funny to be fat and only me naked, then bring to the camera ... I think I would go a long way. For the right role, I would probably do just about everything, "
interview. Schultejans Britta, dpa
0 comments:
Post a Comment